Food is great but entertainment makes guests interact in a memorable way. How to choose the party entertainment where everyone participates.
Home » Party Planning Tips and Tricks
Party Planning Tips and Tricks
We share party planning tips and tricks so you can plan a party that thrills and excites – even you as the hostess.
- Start with the Ultimate Party Planning Guide that tells not just what to do when, but asks questions to help you make decisions. There is a free printable of the article for your planning binder and of a Party Planning Checklist so you can cross of each thing as you do it.
- The first thing you do when planning a party is make the guest list. Do you know right away who you will invite? If you need assistance, see How to Create the Perfect Guest List. There is a free guest list printable. Print one for brainstorming and then print the final guest list.
- Next, you plan the party budget. Yes, not fun. We can’t make it fun, but we can make it easier. Questions help you decide where to spend your budget and how to save money, too. Free budget printable for you to put in your party planning binder to help you keep on track.
- And now a fun part – choosing the party theme. If you need some ideas, see How to Decide on a Party Theme and our Ultimate List of Party Theme Ideas.
- Now that you have a theme, decide on the entertainment for the party. You want something that echoes your theme, entertainment that your specific guests will enjoy and participate in, and an event that connects everyone so they go home feeling happy & closer.
- Then you decide on a venue. See Free & Low Cost Venue Ideas if you need to brainstorm ways to save money, and if you feel your home is too small for the number of guests.
- Next is another fun part – planning the menu.We recommend choosing one or two signature beverages – with or without alcohol – to reflect the party theme and make it easier on you. See Create a Signature Party Drink in 3 Easy Steps.
- And now it’s time for the invitations. Want to pump up the excitement for your party? We show you How to Create Invitations that Excite. Make anticipation for your party grow using social media (see How to Plan a Party with Social Media).
- Now that the guests are excited for your party, keep the fun going with our ideas on How Do You Make a Party More Fun. Step by step ideas from planning, to guests arriving, the party itself. and saying a memorable goodbye.
Here are all our party planning ideas, the ones we’ve mentioned & more:
Free or low cost party venue ideas so you can spend your party budget on food, decorations or entertainment. And still have a great party!
When anything under the sun is a party theme how on earth do you decide on one? Tips to help you decide on a party theme that will thrill.
Parties are fun but setting the party budget is not. No, we can’t make it fun but we can show you how to set a party budget and stick to it.
As you start planning your party guest list you realize there are so many considerations. Here’s how to decide on the perfect part guest list.
Save time, energy and money using social media to plan a party. We show you step by step by using the tools available on the internet.
Here is how to make a party more fun step by step from invitations to guests arriving, the party itself and saying a memorable goodbye.
Create a signature party drink to match your party theme in 3 easy steps. Great for kids or adult party. How to choose, garnish and serve.
You created the perfect drink for your party. Now it needs the perfect name. Here’s how to choose a party drink name that will wow the crowd.
Everyone is dropping by today – what can you do to create memories and add that Good Times Glue? Check out our last minute party ideas.
Income fluctuates and we can’t always throw the birthday party our child wants. A joint birthday party may be the answer. How to make it work,
Party invitations are the first impression guests get of your party. Tips on how to create party invitations that excite – the 3D invitation.
More than a party checklist. How to plan a party to perfection to run smoothly and thrill guests. Party planning tips help you stay organized