Looking for something a little different for your BBQ? Try this healthy Alpine Veggie Burger. A plant-based burger with cheese from the Alps and grilled onions on multigrain bread.
Get your meatless barbeque started with an Alpine Burger. Regular ground beef contains 14g total fat per 64g serving. Grillers Original contain 6g fat per 64g serving.
These veggie burgers are so delicious, your family and friends are sure to leave your backyard party satisfied.
Alpine Veggie Burger RecipeCourse: Veggie Burger RecipesCuisine: Swiss
¾ c sweet onions, sliced
½ c fresh mushrooms, sliced
¼ tsp bottled minced garlic
1 MorningStar Farms Grillers Original Burger
1 tsp spicy brown mustard or Dijon Mustard
1 slice multigrain or whole wheat bread, toasted
⅓ c baby arugula
1 Tbsp Gruyere cheese or Swiss cheese, shredded
- In large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onions, covered, over medium-low heat for 16 to 20 minutes or until onions are very tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms and garlic. Cook over medium heat, covered, for 4 to 6 minutes or until onions begin to brown and mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook veggie burgers according to package directions.
- Spread mustard on one side of bread slice. Top with arugula (if desired). Place burger on arugula. Spoon onion mixture over burger.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Morningstar Farms
Want more? See all of our veggie burger recipes.
Want more? See our new recipes, party ideas & daily holiday celebrations.
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing