Wow the crowd (and your taste buds) with these amazing peanut butter cookie turkeys. Peanut butter + chocolate + candy corn = Thanksgiving love!
Use peanut butter cookie turkeys as a decoration at each place setting on your Thanksgiving table, or give them to the kids as treats.
Here are our step by step instructions. Refer to photo as completing each step.
- Peanut Butter Cookies without criss cross marking (2 per turkey)
- White Frosting
- Chocolate Frosting
- Reese's Miniature Cups
- Candy Corn
- Wilton Candy Eyeballs, small
- Wilton Red Cookie Icing with Decorative Tip
- Wilton Orange Cookie Icing with Decorative Tips
- Start with 2 peanut butter cookies for each turkey.
- Tail Cookie: Cut a flat edge on one cookie. Opposite to the edge you just cut, on the back of the cookie, put a line of white frosting around half of the cookie close to the edge.
- Place candy corn in the frosting, tip down, side by side, to look like tail feathers. (Remember to cover only half the cookie, opposite the flat edge you cut which will be attached to the base cookie.)
- Base Cookie: Lay the other peanut butter cookie flat on the table, good side up, for a base.
- Attach Tail Cookie to Base Cookie: Put a line of white frosting across the flat edge you cut on the tail cookie. "Glue" the Tail Cookie onto the Base Cookie at the 2/3 point with the frosted back of the tail cookie facing away from the the center of the base cookie. The cookies should be at right angles (making an L shape). You need to leave enough room for a Reese's miniature cup & to draw feet in front of the tail cookie.
- Attach Reese's Miniature Cup as body: Slice a piece off the side of a Reese's miniature peanut butter cup. Glue the cup on the base cookie with chocolate frosting. The flat edge you just cut is on the base cookie, and the Reese's cup top is against the tail feather cookie.
- Turkey head: Glue a Maltezer on top of the miniature peanut butter cup and against the tail cookie with chocolate frosting.
- Turkey beak: Cut off white tip of candy corn. Glue on as nose with white frosting in the center of the Maltezer, facing away from tail cookie. Using red decorating icing, add line beside nose for snood.
- Turkey eyes: Glue on candy eyes with white frosting, positioning them on either side of the beak.
- Turkey wings: Glue the tip of a candy corn on each side of the Reese's miniature cup with chocolate frosting.
- Turkey feet: using the orange cookie icing, draw turkey feet on the base cookie in front of the miniature peanut butter cup.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving to keep the icing from melting & parts sliding off.
Want more? See our Turkey Cupcake recipe.
Super easy turkey cupcake recipe – even kids can make them! We show you how.
Want more? See all of our peanut butter cookie recipes.
Whether you prefer soft & chewy, crunchy, buttery or old fashioned peanut butter cookies, we have the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe for you. Tips from the pros who know make these recipes a favorite. Special peanut butter cookies like blossom cookies and holiday cookie recipes. A peanut butter lover’s dream!
Like this? See our new recipes in the weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
Prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables. Be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas.