This Apple, Strawberry, Blueberry Salad calls for our favorite summer fruit, with a homemade blueberry dressing. With Fresh Express 5-Lettuce Mix for a fast & easy base, this amazing summer salad is ready in minutes.
This red, white and blue salad with apple stars is perfect to serve at your July 4th picnic!
Apple, Strawberry, Blueberry Salad
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 large apples
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) Fresh Express 5-Lettuce Mix
- 1 pint strawberries, cut in half
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- blueberry dressing
- To make blueberry dressing: In blender, process blueberries, balsamic vinegar, honey, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste, until smooth. Set aside.
- To prepare salad: Cut apples into 1/4-inch thick slices. Using 1-1/2-inch diameter star-shaped cutter, cut apple slices into stars.
- Place lettuce mix in large bowl; add apples, strawberries and blueberries. Sprinkle with pecans. Before serving, drizzle each salad with blueberry dressing.