Asparagus Tart Recipe by Chef George Duran, host of TLC’s “Ultimate Cake Off” and Food Network’s “Ham on the Street”.
Make it quick, make it delicious–but always make it with a healthy dose of creativity! George Duran, part comedian, part trained chef, is the star of Food Network’s Ham on the Street and The Secret Life Of.
He loves comfort foods with a twist, such as Deep-Fried Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Banana Split Pancakes, BLT Hot Dogs, and Tex-Mex Lasagna.
Chef George Duran recommends using a cheese in this recipe that won’t overpower other flavors; choose a mild, nutty cheese like Jarlsberg, best known for its classic wedge but also available sliced.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 c Jarlsberg Cheese, shredded
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400° F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out puff pastry into 16-by-10-inch rectangle; trim uneven edges. Place on baking sheet. Using knife, lightly score pastry dough 1 inch from edges. Using fork, pierce dough inside markings at 1/2-inch intervals. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pastry shell from oven and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Trim bottoms of asparagus spears to fit crosswise inside pastry shell; arrange in single layer over cheese, alternating ends and tips. Brush with oil, sprinkle with thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper. Bake until spears are tender, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 220mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 19g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe courtesy Jarlsberg
Like this? See all of our puff pastry recipes.
Puff Pastry Recipes & Baking Tips
Puff pastry recipes for brunch or an elegant side dish – with the secret tips you need to know to make every dish turn out perfectly.
Like this? See our new recipes in the weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
Prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables. Be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas.