This easy guacamole recipe only takes 10 minutes to prepare. (Or less with our secret tip.) Perfect for a Game Day dip, fiesta dinner, taco bar party or any time you enjoy a Mexican meal.
How to choose an avocado.
- when choosing an avocado, make sure it still has the stem on it – this means it hasn’t been man-handled & bruised
- if you want one to use in a recipe right away, choose one with dark skin that gives a little when you squeeze it
- a green avocado will ripen at room temperature in 4 – 5 days
How to store an avocado.
- if you have a green avocado that you want to speed up the ripening process, put it in a paper bag with a banana – the gases from the ripening banana will help the avocado to ripen
- If you want to slow the ripening of a dark avocado, put it in the fridge for 2 – 3 days
- store half an avocado in the fridge without the pit, either by covering it with cling wrap (even in the divot from the pit), or placing it face down in a container with a little water
Tip for super easy guacamole recipe: If you made some pico de gallo for your fiesta, use 1/2 cup instead of chopping more tomatoes & onions. Save that hand for eating!
Easy Guacamole RecipeCourse: CondimentCuisine: Mexican
4 medium avocados, chopped into 1/2″ pieces
1 lime, juiced
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
1/2 white onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp avocado oil
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt
- In bowl mash avocado cubes with a fork until it is the consistency you prefer, chunky or smooth.
- Mix in tomatoes & onions (or 1/2 cup pico de gallo to save your chopping hand), garlic, avocado oil, jalapeno and salt.
- Roll lime on the counter with your palm (helps get more juice). Cut in half, squeeze and mix with other ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Should be used the same day for freshness.
- We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Bonus recipe: Game Day Guac
Avocados from Mexico recommends adding 1 lb of fried, crumbled bacon to the basic guacamole recipe for all the guys at the Watch Party.
Did you know?
Guacamole from all of the avocados sold for big game parties could fill an entire stadium 12 feet high?