Serve the favorite fruits of the harvest with this autumn pie. Awesome cranberry apple pie recipe.
Cranberry Apple Pie
- 2 c fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1½ c sugar, divided
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch, divided
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 pkg Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed
- 6 c cups sliced peeled apples (5 to 6 medium)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- In 1-quart saucepan, mix cranberries, 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and water. Heat to boiling. Boil 5 minutes. Cool 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In large bowl, mix apples, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, remaining 3 tablespoons cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg until apples are coated.
- Stir in cooled cranberry mixture. Spoon into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
Recipe courtesy Pillsbury
Want more? See all of our apple pie recipes.
Nothing reflects a mother’s love like homemade apple pie. Warm from the oven, served with ice cream or cheese, drizzled with caramel sauce, it’s like a big hug. Try our apple pie recipes and find one that’s your signature hug.
Want even more? See our new apple pie recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.