These holiday appetizers have it all: salty, crunchy bacon, smooth brie and sweet cranberry sauce. Bacon brie and cranberry melts are the perfect appetizer for your holiday party.
How do you cook with cranberry sauce and Brie?
For our Bacon, Brie and Cranberry Melts we use the broiler in the oven to carefully melt the brie over the cranberry sauce. It only takes 1-2 minutes, so watch carefully.
What do you do with any leftover cranberry sauce, brie and bacon?
You make a grilled sandwich the next day! Absolutely. Butter a slice of bread (sourdough is wonderful). Put it in your frying pan butter side down (but don’t turn stove on yet). Layer cranberry sauce, then bacon slices, then the brie. We prefer open faced grilled Cranberry Brie Bacon Sandwiches, but you can put another slice of bread on top, buttered side up. Heat slowly on medium heat with a cover to help melt cheese. Serve when browned.
Bacon Brie and Cranberry Melts Holiday Appetizers
- 24 Crunchmaster Multi-Grain Crackers, Sea Salt flavor
- 24 small slices Brie cheese
- ¼ c cranberry sauce
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Heat broiler to high and position rack in center of oven. Arrange crackers in single layer on foil-lined baking sheet.
Top each cracker with slice of Brie, 1/2 teaspoon cranberry sauce and sprinkle of bacon. Broil 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Recipe and photo courtesy Crunchmaster via Family Features
Want to make it an appetizer party? Here are our tips for success.
- An appetizer party is a great way to have a party on a smaller budget.
- It’s easier to visit with guests because the food can be prepared in advance.
- It is the perfect party when you don’t have enough space for all your guests – it can be a standing-room-only party rather than a sit-down party.
Want more? See all of our appetizer recipes.
Want even more? See our new appetizer recipes.
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing