Looking for a cupcake for your man? Want a salty-sweet treat? Try these delectable bacon maple cupcakes. They disappear as fast as you can make them.
These bacon maple cupcakes pair well with lighter-bodied pale ales or American craft-brewed stouts. Just sayin’.
What are maple bacon cupcakes made of?
Maple Bacon Cupcakes begin with a maple cinnamon cupcake with real applewood bacon pieces in it. To top it all off is a maple buttercream icing garnished with applewood bacon slice.
What is the best way to make bacon cupcakes?
The cupcake part of the maple bacon cupcakes use a cake mix base because they are scientifically balanced to turn out perfectly every time. Then we add a vanilla pudding mix to make it thick enough to hold the real applewood bacon pieces without them sinking to the bottom. And of course, real maple syrup for the win.
How do you make soft maple cupcakes?
These maple cupcakes are soft and moist due to the buttermilk (or milk) and sour cream we’ve added to the basic cake mix. We also add vanilla pudding powder to make it soft & rich.
What kind of frosting do you use for Bacon cupcakes?
We use a soft maple buttercream frosting on our bacon cupcakes for that salty & sweet winning combination. It is soft enough to hold the Applewood bacon slice as a garnish on top.
Bacon Maple Cupcakes
Soft, moist bacon maple cupcakes with luxurious maple buttercream icing & garnished with Applewood bacon slice
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg vanilla pudding mix
- ½ c avocado or vegetable oil
- ½ c sour cream
- ¾ c buttermilk or regular milk
- 3 eggs
- 1½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ c Canadian maple syrup
- 5 strips Applewood bacon, cooked and chopped
Maple Buttercream Icing
- 1 c 1 cup unsalted softened butter ((2 sticks))
- 3¾ c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 6 strips Applewood bacon, quartered
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 24 cupcake cups with liners.
Place cake mix, pudding mix, oil, sour cream, buttermilk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, maple syrup and chopped bacon into stand mixer. Beat until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
Scoop batter into lined cups 3/4 full. Bake for 25 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool completely.
While cupcakes are cooling, place butter into stand mixer and beat until creamy. Slowly add powdered sugar until you have peaks. Stir in maple extract, cinnamon, and milk until smooth.
Frost cupcakes and top with one piece of quartered bacon slice, or break into several pieces.
Want more? See all of our cupcake recipes.
Want even more? See our new cupcake recipes.
- Are you the one with the big ideas? “Let’s do this” or “Let’s go there”.
- Are you the instigator that everyone follows to the next fun thing?
- Are you the creative type who adds flair to everything you do?
- Do you believe in celebrating life?
You sound like a Merrymaker!
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing