Looking for a cupcake for your man? Want a salty-sweet treat? Try these delectable bacon maple cupcakes. They disappear as fast as you can make them.
These bacon maple cupcakes pair well with lighter-bodied pale ales or American craft-brewed stouts.
Maple Cupcakes with Bacon
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg vanilla pudding mix
- ½ c avocado or vegetable oil
- ½ c sour cream
- ¾ c buttermilk or regular milk
- 3 eggs
- 1½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ c Canadian maple syrup
- 5 strips Applewood bacon, cooked and chopped
Maple Buttercream Icing
- 1 c 1 cup unsalted softened butter (2 sticks)
- 3¾ c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 6 strips Applewood bacon, quartered
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 24 cupcake cups with liners.
- Place cake mix, pudding mix, oil, sour cream, buttermilk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, maple syrup and chopped bacon into stand mixer. Beat until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Scoop batter into lined cups 3/4 full. Bake for 25 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool completely.
- While cupcakes are cooling, place butter into stand mixer and beat until creamy. Slowly add powdered sugar until you have peaks. Stir in maple extract, cinnamon, and milk until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes and top with one piece of quartered bacon slice, or break into several pieces.
Want more? See all of our cupcake recipes.
Best cupcake recipes for parties or playtime, bake sales, girls night in, welcoming the kids home from school, or any time you need to satisfy sweet cravings.
Want even more? See our new cupcake recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.