Southern barbecue offers a distinctive style and unique flavor. Here’s a classic dish, shrimp wrapped in bacon with Jack Daniel style.
Southern Barbecue Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 1½ c Jack Daniel’s® Barbecue Sauce
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- ½ lb pepper bacon
- Cut bacon slices in half. Cook bacon partially (should not be crisp). Prepare grill.
- Combine barbecue sauce, garlic powder and lemon juice; pour half of mixture into separate bowl for use later.
- Dip shrimp into remaining sauce to thoroughly coat.
- Wrap each piece of shrimp with 1/2 piece of bacon.
- Place on skewer (leave small space between pieces).
- Brush grill with vegetable oil, place skewers on hot grill and baste with remaining sauce.
- Grill approximately 4 to 6 minutes.
Source: JackDanielsSauces.com via family features
Want more? See our BBQ grilling tips & tricks.
Every skill has an “entry trick” that only a pro who knows can share after years of experience. This is the BBQ tip that elevates your barbecuing skills to the next level, whether you’re just learning or have had some practice. Here is what the grill masters have to say.
Want even more? See our new BBQ recipes & tips.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.