Are you trying to put more plant-based foods in your diet? Try a blenditarian burger – it’s a blend of ground beef and mushrooms, created by MasterChef Junior finalist Evan Robinson.
Blenditarian and MasterChef Junior finalist Evan Robinson created this Pizza Burger recipe using a mushroom/ground beef blend.
The mushrooms add a umami flavor, vegetables, and an earth-friendly ingredient to the ground beef.
This recipe uses a mushroom/ground beef blend for a healthier, plant-focused meal that is Earth-conscious and strikes a nutrition-sustainability-flavor balance.
(For more information on Blenditarian eating, see our article Blenditarian Mushroom/Ground Meat Recipes are Nutritious & Delicious.)
Or try more recipes at Blenditarian.com.
Blenditarian Pizza BurgersCourse: Blenditarian, Burgers, Pizza
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium portabella mushroom ( finely chopped)
2-3 white button mushrooms (finely chopped)
½ small onion
½ garlic (clove)
2 tsp Italian seasoning
8 oz ground beef
⅛ tsp salt
2 Tbsp pizza or marinara sauce
¼ c shredded mozzarella cheese
2 hamburger buns
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, saute extra-virgin olive oil, mushrooms, onions, garlic and herb seasoning approximately 5 minutes until vegetables are soft. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Blend mushroom mixture with ground beef. Season with salt.
- Form into four patties and cook in same pan as mushroom mixture to preferred doneness. Top with dollop pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cover pan to melt cheese then carefully transfer to buns.
Recipe courtesy the Mushroom Council
Want more Blenditarian recipes?
See our new recipes – and more. Sign up for our weekly newsletter magazine.
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing