This Shrimp and Egg Salad Sandwich with Poppy Seeds recipe is flavorful and indulgent. What more would you expect from a Bobby Flay recipe?
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links (marked with an *). This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
This Shrimp and Egg Salad Sandwich with Poppy Seeds recipe is courtesy of celebrity chef Bobby Flay.
Learn more about him, his restaurants and the B-Team on his website. (Try one of his other recipes while you’re there!)
If you like this recipe, you’ll love Brunch at Bobby’s: 140 Recipes for the Best Part of the Weekend: A Cookbook*.
At long last, Bobby Flay shares his simplest, most sought-after brunch recipes—while still delivering his signature intense flavors.
Shrimp and Egg Salad Sandwich by Bobby Flay
Wonderful sandwich created by chef Bobby Flay. You can substitute crab meat if you prefer.
- ½ c Hellmann’s or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
- 2 medium green onions
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp snipped fresh dill
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 8 medium hard-cooked eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 6 oz cooked large shrimp or crabmeat
Combine mayonnaise, green onions, lemon juice, dill, poppy seeds and mustard in large bowl with wire whisk.
Stir in eggs.
Gently fold in shrimp.
Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper.
Serve, if desired, over salad greens or on English muffins (as shown). (If serving over greens, toss greens with fresh lemon juice, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. If serving on bread, serve as an open-faced sandwich. Mound some salad on top of toasted bread and garnish with more fresh dill and sliced green onions.)
Recipe by Bobby Flay courtesy of Hellmann’s.
Want to see more recipes by Bobby Flay?
Want to see all of our recipes by celebrity chefs?
Choose by celebrity chef or try any of the recipes knowing that they are all created by pros who know.
Want to see our new recipes by celebrity chefs?
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing