This Grilled Potato Wedges with Malt Vinegar Tarragon Dip was created by Chef Bobby Flay as a part of the Real Food Project. Real food, real good.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links (marked with an *). This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Have you visited one of Bobby Flay’s burger joints? Bobby’s Burger Palace restaurants are in 19 locations across 11 states.
Don’t live near one? Try this potato wedge recipe at home. Or his famous burger & BBQ recipes in these cookbooks.
Grilled Potato Wedges With Malt Vinegar Tarragon Dip
- ⅔ c malt vinegar plus 1 teaspoon
- 1½ c Hellmann’s® Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp chopped tarragon
- 5 Russet or all-purpose potatoes, scrubbed
- ¼ c canola oil
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Bring 2/3 cup vinegar to a boil over high heat in small saucepan and continue boiling until reduced by half. Remove saucepan from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
Combine mayonnaise, cooled vinegar, remaining 1 teaspoon vinegar and tarragon in medium bowl. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart saucepot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, but still firm. Drain and cool slightly. Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 slices.
Brush potatoes with oil and season, if desired, with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, 4 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Arrange potatoes on serving platter, then sprinkle with parsley. Serve with dip.
Mayonnaise mixture is also delicious with hot cooked chicken fingers or fish.
Want more recipes by Bobby Flay?
Want to see all of our recipes by celebrity chefs?
Choose by celebrity chef or try any of the recipes knowing that they are all created by pros who know.
Want to see our new recipes by celebrity chefs?
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing