Whether you want to drizzle it on your favorite dessert or dip apples this is an easy to make caramel sauce recipe that will wow the crowd.
With these tips from Anna Olson, the pro who knows, you will make the perfect caramel sauce the first time and every time.
Caramel Dipping Sauce
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1½ c brown sugar
- ½ c light corn syrup
- ½ c butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Measure out all your ingredients and have them ready because once you've started cooking you won't have time to do it before it burns.
- Put water in bottom of pan on stove. Add brown sugar and light corn syrup.
- Turn burner on to high. Watch sugar melt and begin to bubble, but don't stir. Remove from heat when it begins to turn brown.
- The longer it cooks, the darker it becomes and it also gets less sweet.
- Quickly add sweetened condensed milk and butter with a whisk.
- When completely melted in, add vanilla and stir until combined.
- Cool caramel in pot and use immmediately or transfer to container in fridge until ready to use. Will keep in the fridge until the best before date on the cream that you used to make it. To use it from refrigerator, warm in microwave to make it soft again.
Want more? See our sauce, dip, gravy & condiment recipes.
Adding a dip, sauce, condiment or gravy is a fantastic way add a touch of flavor to your meals. It’s also a way to add your own signature touch. Do you like hot sauce? Gourmet touches? Want to add more vegetables as a sauce? Reflect your mood or your culinary prowess!
Want even more? See our new dip recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.