Try something new this summer! A veggie taco with bite. Straight off the grill, charred corn tacos with radish zucchini slaw that has a touch of sweet.
For a healthful twist on your typical taco, try this recipe for Charred Corn Tacos with Radish Zucchini Slaw. It features a little jalapeno for heat, and a little maple syrup for a touch of sweetness.
Charred Corn Tacos with Radish Zucchini Slaw
- 4 ears Sunshine Sweet Corn
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, as needed
- 1/2 cup torn cilantro, parsley and mint leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 cup radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 1/2 ounces) crumbled Cotija or feta cheese
- 10 to 12 small (6-inch) soft corn tortillas
- Brush corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Over hot grill or open gas stove flame, char ears of corn until well blackened but not completely burnt. Remove from heat; cool. With large knife, shave off kernels into bowl. Add cilantro, parsley and mint; reserve.
- In small bowl, combine onion and lime juice; let stand 10 minutes. Stir in maple syrup, radishes, zucchini, jalapeno and 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat your tortillas one of two ways: Wrap whole stack in foil and place in warm 250°F oven for 15 minutes, or coat cast-iron skillet with thin layer of oil and heat over high heat; warm each tortilla 30 seconds to 1 minute each side, until lightly blistered.
- To make tacos, fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup corn. Top with cheese and radish-zucchini slaw. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Sunshine Sweet Corn
Want more? See all of our Mexican recipes.
Like this? See all of our new recipes & party ideas.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter magazine.