Savory appetizers for holiday parties – or any day – these Cheese Buds with Pecans are sure to be a favorite.
Cheese Buds with Pecans
- 1 c cake flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 c grated extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- ½ c unsalted butter, cold and cut into chunks
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- ⅛ cayenne pepper
- 40 pecan halves
- 1 egg white, whisked with 1 teaspoon cold water
- smoked paprika
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add flour, cheese, butter chunks, salt and cayenne pepper to food processor. Process until ingredients form into ball, about 1 minute.
- Remove dough from food processor, wrap with plastic wrap and press into flat round. Place in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Dust counter with flour and roll out dough to 1/4-inch thick. Using 1-inch round cookie cutter, cut out rounds and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Place one pecan on top of each round. Using pastry brush, lightly paint each cracker with egg wash. Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until buds just start to brown around bottom edges.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack. Store in airtight container up to 1 week or freeze 1 month.
Want more? Have an appetizer party!
An appetizer party is a great way to have a party on a smaller budget. It’s easier to visit with guests because the food can be prepared in advance. It is the perfect party when you don’t have enough space for all your guests – it can be a standing-room-only party rather than a sit-down party.
Want more? See all our appetizer recipes.
Appetizers should be served with every party! They keep the crowd happy if things are running a little late. They are perfect for nibbling while standing up during meet-and-greet. They allow a little taste of a lot of different foods.
See our appetizer recipes for a cocktail party, game day, or pre-dinner dining. Tips on how to create a cheese board.
Want even more? See our new appetizer recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.