Spice up the American classic burger with the bold flavor of chopped scallions and Colby Jack cheese. These sliders with smoky chipotle ketchup sauce take it to the next level.
A chipotle is a fully-ripened red jalapeño chile pepper, smoke-dried for a totally different taste.
The Tabasco® Chipotle Pepper Sauce has a Scoville Heat Range at 1,500 to 2,500 units. (It is a measure of capsaicin – the chemical in peppers responsible for their heat.)
Chipotle has a smoky, earthy flavor that is perfect for the BBQ. Try these sliders with homemade Chipotle Ketchup.
This makes these a spicy hot cheeseburger slider indeed!
Spicy Hot Cheeseburger Sliders with Chipotle KetchupCourse: Burgers, Game Day Recipes, Sliders
- Chipotle Ketchup
½ c ketchup
1 tbsp Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
¼ tsp chipotle chili powder
salt & pepper to taste
1 lb ground chuck
¼ d chopped scallions
salt & pepper to taste
8 slider rolls (2″ in diameter)
2 slices Colby Jack Cheese
green leaf lettuce, arugula or cilantro
- In small bowl combine ketchup ingredients; set aside.
- Preheat grill to 500 °F, about 15 minutes.
- Combine ground chuck and scallions in a bowl. Gently shape mixture into eight 2-inch round burgers with a small indentation in the center. (The indent helps the patty expand lengthwise as the meat tightens during cooking, rather than width-wise. Now you’ll end up with a nice patty shape instead of a bulging burger.)
- Season burgers with salt & pepper. Grill burgers about 5 minutes, or to desired doneness, turning once.
- Cut each cheese slice into 4 pieces. Top burgers with cheese; cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, layer your choice of greens, burger and ketchup on bun.
Recipe and photos courtesy of Tabasco
Like this? See all of our burger recipes.
Want more? See our new recipes, party ideas & daily holiday celebrations.
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing