Homemade ice cream at family summer gatherings has been a tradition for generations. Continue this hallmark practice with this oh-so-easy Cheesecake Ice Cream with Strawberry Swirl.
This recipe serves 12 people, so you’ll be ready for the crowd when they arrive. The great thing about ice cream is that it’s right there in the freezer for surprise visits this summer.
The “swirl” in the cheesecake ice cream is made with fruit spread – high end jam – so you can make it different flavors all summer. Try blueberry, raspberry, peach, cherry and apricot, too.
Cheesecake Ice Cream with Strawberry Swirl
- 12 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 c sour cream
- 3/4 c cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- dash of salt
- 1/3 c strawberry fruit spread
- In large mixer bowl of electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Add sour cream, half-and-half, vanilla, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and salt. Beat on low speed until combined then beat on medium speed until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 2-24 hours, or until cold.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into 1 1/2-quart ice cream freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- In small bowl, stir fruit spread and remaining lemon juice.
- Spoon about one-third of ice cream into 2-quart food storage container. Spoon about half of fruit spread mixture in dollops over ice cream. Repeat layers. Top with remaining ice cream. Cover and freeze 4-24 hours.
- To serve, scoop 4 oz ice cream into dessert dishes.
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.