Spicy corn muffins are a great addition to a Bloody Mary Brunch or Chili Bar. Cheesy Bacon Jalapeno Corn Muffins have it all!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 package (16 ounces) Smithfield Hometown Original Bacon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1 can corn kernels, drained
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Line rimmed baking pan with foil and set lightly sprayed baking rack in pan. Cut bacon crosswise into thirds and lay out bacon strips on rack, being careful not to overlap slices. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until bacon has just begun to crisp. Remove from oven and drain on paper towels. Increase oven temperature to 400° F.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and cheese until well mixed.
- In small bowl, whisk eggs until frothy and stir in melted butter, honey and milk. Add milk mixture to dry ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in corn and diced jalapeno and reserve.
- Lightly spray or butter 12-cup muffin tin and line each cup with two slices of bacon. Evenly divide muffin batter into cups, filling about three-fourths full and top with remaining bacon and sliced jalapeno. Bake muffins 20 minutes, or until golden brown, using toothpick to test doneness. Let cool briefly, remove muffins from tin and serve while still warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 472mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 10g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Smithfield Foods
Like this recipe? Add it as a side to a build-your-own chili bar.
Turn your pot of chili into a party – we show you how. Discuss the kinds of chili to offer, and the toppings, side dishes, beverages and desserts to serve. Pointers on how to set up your chili bar.
Like this? See all of our breakfast buffet recipes.
For a breakfast buffet guests prefer two-bite selections so they can sample several different breakfast foods. See our breakfast appetizer recipes with a variety of flavors so everyone will have something they adore in every food group.
Like this? See our new breakfast & brunch recipes in the weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
Prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables. Be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas.