Everyone loves a Greek Gyros. Now you can try a chicken gryro at home, thanks to a recipe from celebrity chef Bobby Flay.
See more recipes like this one in his new cookbook, Fearless Flavors from My Kitchen: Bobby Flay at Home*.
A New York Times bestseller with more than 165 recipes. Bobby Flay opens up his home and shares his bold, approachable style of cooking for family and friends – and his no-nonsense, essential advice for home cooks.
Chicken Gyros Recipe by Bobby Flay
- ¼ c coarsely grated seedless cucumber
- ¾ c Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh grated lemon peel
- 4 whole wheat pita breads, split
- Fresh spinach leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb sliced rotisserie or grilled chicken
- Place grated cucumber on paper towel and gently squeeze dry. (Do not skip this step or you will have a watery dressing.) Combine drained cucumbers, mayonnaise garlic, lemon juice and peel in small bowl. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Spread a few tablespoons dressing inside each pita; add spinach leaves, tomatoes and chicken, then drizzle with additional dressing.
u003cliu003eu003cemu003eWe provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.u003c/emu003eu003c/liu003e
Want more? See our pork gyros recipe by Haylie Duff.
Pork Gyros with Tzatziki Recipe
This is the traditional Greek gryros recipe with tzatziki sauce, by actress, designer and celebrity blogger Haylie Duff.
Want to see more recipes by Bobby Flay?
Want to see our new recipes – and more? Sign up for our weekly newsletter magazine.
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing