Everyone loves a Greek Gyros. Now you can make one at home, thanks to a recipe from celebrity chef Bobby Flay.
See more recipes like this one in his new cookbook, Fearless Flavors from My Kitchen: Bobby Flay at Home.
A New York Times bestseller with more than 165 recipes. Bobby Flay opens up his home and shares his bold, approachable style of cooking for family and friends – and his no-nonsense, essential advice for home cooks.
- ¼ c coarsely grated seedless cucumber
- ¾ c Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh grated lemon peel
- 4 whole wheat pita breads, split
- Fresh spinach leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb sliced rotisserie or grilled chicken
- Place grated cucumber on paper towel and gently squeeze dry. (Do not skip this step or you will have a watery dressing.) Combine drained cucumbers, mayonnaise garlic, lemon juice and peel in small bowl. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Spread a few tablespoons dressing inside each pita; add spinach leaves, tomatoes and chicken, then drizzle with additional dressing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 640Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 878mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 42g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Want more? See our pork gyros recipe by Haylie Duff.
Like this? See more Bobby Flay recipes.
See some recipes by Chef Bobby Flay for the Real Food Project or from one of his famous cookbooks.
Want more? See all our sandwich recipe ideas.
Sandwiches are a comfort food, a to-go food when you’re running late, and a go-to quick meal. Here are sandwich recipe ideas for kid & adults, whether it be breakfast, lunch, dinner, or somewhere in-between.
Like this? See our new recipes in the weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
Prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables. Be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas.