Quick weeknight dinner recipe, this chickpea, spinach and coconut curry is flavorful, healthy and everything you want for night when you just want to get in your pajamas and veg out.
It only takes 20 minutes to prepare, it’s hearty and satisfying, it is flavorful and carries a little heat. Everything you need at the end of a long day.
Chickpea, Spinach and Coconut Curry
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger, freshly grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper, plus additional, to taste
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 jar FarmToFork Caramelized Onion & Roasted Garlic Sauce or favorite tomato sauce
- 15 oz unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 c baby spinach
- ½ c plain Greek yogurt, stirred
- ½ c cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 naan flatbreads, toasted and sliced
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil, ginger, garlic, onions, turmeric, salt and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper. Cook 6-8 minutes, or until onions begin to brown, stirring frequently. Add chickpeas, sauce and coconut milk; cook 3-4 minutes, or until heated through. Add spinach; cover with lid. Simmer 3-4 minutes, or until spinach is wilted. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into six serving bowls and top each with spoonful of yogurt, pinch of cilantro and additional crushed red pepper, to taste. Serve with flatbread slices.
Recipe courtesy FarmToFork via Family Features
Want more? See all of our recipes.
Want even more? See our new curry recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.