Festive Christmas peanut butter blossom cookies using holiday Hershey Kisses. So colorful they can be a decoration – but not for long!
Make them your signature holiday cookie.
Decorate these peanut butter blossom cookies your own unique way and make them your signature Christmas cookie. Use Hershey’s Christmas Kisses, Rosebud or rosette chocolates. Or use special Christmas themed candy in the center, such as a tiny chocolate santa.
Instead of rolling the balls in granulated sugar, use:
- Christmas sprinkles
- crushed candy cane
- coarse sparkling sugar in holiday colors
- colored decorator’s sugar
- pearl sugar
- 1/2 c sugar + 1/4 c red & green, for decorating, if using
- 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ c flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 24 seasonal Hershey Chocolate Kisses
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cream sugars, shortening, egg and peanut butter until fluffy. (Will become a lighter color.)
- Blend flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl or sifter. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until blended.
- Scoop and roll into a small ball, then roll in sugar or sprinkles and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (The cookie will double in size while baking, so make ball about the size of the bottom of a Hershey Kiss, or around ½". A small cookie looks better – a chocolate in the center of a huge cookie just isn't the same. It doesn't look like a blossom.)
- Bake for 8 minutes or until edges barely browning. (If you cook them too long, they will be hard.)
- Unwrap Hershey chocolates while cookies are baking.
- As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven, press a chocolate (flat side down) into the center of each cookie. DO NOT press them right to the bottom, just enough for them to stay. Cookies will crack around the edges, that's fine.
- Let them set for a minute. Then lift onto rack to cool completely. (When lifting, make sure you have the cookie spatula under whole cookie. These are top heavy and will tumble off head-first if the spatula isn't firmly underneath.)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Want more? See all of our peanut butter cookie recipes.
Whether you prefer soft & chewy, crunchy, buttery or old fashioned peanut butter cookies, we have the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe for you. Tips from the pros who know make these recipes a favorite. Special peanut butter cookies like blossom cookies and holiday cookie recipes. A peanut butter lover’s dream!
Want more? See all of our Christmas goodies recipes.
‘Tis the season for baking wonderful, scrumptious goodies! See our Christmas goodies recipe collection for Christmas cakes, cupcakes, cookies and other wonderful treats. Step by step instructions make it easy to create your favorites or try something new.
Put the magic in Christmas with our new holiday ideas & Christmas recipes.
Signup for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine and be inspired.
- Prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables.
- Be inspired by ideas to celebrate Christmas (and other upcoming seasonal holidays) with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas for your family or crew of friends.