Pecan halves as Reindeer antlers and a funny face is a fun touch to these addictive Christmas Reindeer Brownies. Kids love ’em. (So do adults.)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pecan or canola oil
- 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons, granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 20 raw pecan halves, cut in half
- 40 candy eyeballs
- 20 red chocolate candies
- 1/4 cup chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk melted butter, oil and sugar until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat until mixture is thick and pale in color, about 1 minute.
- Sift in flour and cocoa powder. Add espresso powder, if desired, and salt. Using rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into butter mixture until just combined. Batter should be thick.
- Using 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, transfer batter to prepared mini muffin tin. Bake 13-15 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean, with some lingering crumbs.
- Add chocolate chips to heat-proof bowl; microwave until smooth and melted. Pour melted chocolate into sandwich bag and cut off small portion of one corner to use as tip. Use melted chocolate to "glue" on pecan antlers, candy eyeballs and red candy noses to brownies.
- Allow chocolate to set before transferring brownies to airtight container.
Brownies will stay fresh for up to three days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the American Pecan Council
Want more? See all of our Christmas goodies recipes.
‘Tis the season for baking wonderful, scrumptious goodies! See our Christmas goodies recipe collection for Christmas cakes, cupcakes, cookies and other wonderful treats. Step by step instructions make it easy to create your favorites or try something new.
Put the magic in Christmas with our new holiday ideas & Christmas recipes.
Signup for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine and be inspired.
- Prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables.
- Be inspired by ideas to celebrate Christmas (and other upcoming seasonal holidays) with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas for your family or crew of friends.