This is the classic cinnamon churro recipe that is the foundation for making party churros, or enjoy them as a snack just like this.
- 1 1/4 c water
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Cu0026H Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 c canola oil, for frying
- 1 c sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- In medium saucepan over high heat, combine water, butter, sugar and salt; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and add flour. Using wooden spoon, mix vigorously until mixture forms into dough. Remove from heat.
- While stirring, gradually add eggs into dough. Mix well. Place dough in pastry bag fitted with large star tip.
- In heavy pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until it reaches 365°F.
- On plate, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Squeeze churro dough in 4-inch strips into hot oil. Cut with kitchen scissors. Fry 5-6 churros in batches until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. (Flip with silicone tipped tongs.) When ready, transfer to plate lined with paper towels with a kitchen spider strainer.
- Roll churros in sugar-cinnamon mix while warm.
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Deep Frying
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 churro (26 gr)
- Calories: 103