Put an autumn twist on go-to drinks by adding fall spices. This easy cinnamon mulled sangria recipe is perfect for sharing with friends at outdoor autumn celebrations.
Mulled sangria creates a relaxing, romantic moment indoors by the fire with the one you love.
Take it with you outdoors in a thermos on your winter walk to stop and warm up to its cinnamon sweetness.
This is a recipe by the World Wine Guys, Kevin Zraly, Mike DeSimone and Jeff Jenssen from their book Red Wine: The Comprehensive Guide to the 50 Essential Varieties & Styles.
- 1 bottle Eppa Sangria
- 1 c apple cider
- ½ c Licor 43 liqueur
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ c packed light brown sugar
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 strip orange peel
- 2 green apples, sliced
- In large saucepan, mix sangria, apple cider, liqueur, cinnamon sticks, brown sugar, cloves and orange peel. Bring to simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring, 5 minutes, or until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in apples and simmer additional 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with desired garnishes such as a cinnamon stick.
You can keep this warm in a small slow cooker.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1075Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 106gFiber: 2gSugar: 101gProtein: 0g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe courtesy of Deutsch Family Wine and Spirits
Want more? See all our autumn beverage recipes.
The air is crisp. You can see your breath. The leaves are turning vivid colors. Time for hot autumn beverages while wrapped in blankets or fireside. Try the recipes in our fall beverage collection. Mulled sangria, Irish coffee, hot chocolate and more.
Want more? See our new cocktail recipes & cocktail party ideas.
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine and
- get new cocktail recipes & cocktail party ideas
- prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables
- be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas
- get all the freebies, hear about contests and see last week’s articles so you don’t miss a thing.