Fall in love with this heart warming classic apple pie recipe just like grandma used to make.
Classic Apple Pie Recipe
- 1 pkg Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed
- 6 c thinly sliced, peeled apples (6 medium)
- ¾ c sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom.
- In large bowl, gently mix filling ingredients; spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust. Press edges of pie crusts together to seal. (Can use a wavy edge or fork marks.) Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch-wide strips of foil after first 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury
Want more? See all of our apple pie recipes.
Nothing reflects a mother’s love like homemade apple pie. Warm from the oven, served with ice cream or cheese, drizzled with caramel sauce, it’s like a big hug. Try our apple pie recipes and find one that’s your signature hug.
Want even more? See our new apple pie recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.