What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small simple file that is sent along with pages of this website and stored by your browser on the hard drive of your computer or another device. The information stored therein may be returned to our servers or to the servers of the relevant third parties during a subsequent visit.
What is a script?
A script is a piece of program code that is used to make our website function properly and interactively. This code is executed on our server or on your device.
How Cookies Benefit You
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites. They come in many shapes and sizes.
Most cookies are totally safe for you and essential to the effective running of websites you visit.
Our cookies help us:
- make our website work as you’d expect (ie: videos)
- remember that you accepted cookies so we don’t keep asking
- improve the speed/security of the site
- allow you to share articles with social networks like Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter
- Make our marketing more efficient (essentially allowing us to offer the products and services we do)
- collect personally identifiable information (without your express permission such as a contact form)
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties
You can learn the specifics of the cookies we use below.
How to Restrict Cookies
The kind of cookie that is restricted for consumer safety is the data mining cookie that tracks your information to be sold for demographic use, or to steal your identity or credit card information.
How We Protect You
At PlaytimeAndParty.com it is of utmost importance to us to secure all communication, especially ones containing your credit card information.
We protect the integrity of our website and prevent others from tampering with the communication between our site and your browser (called a man in the middle attack) designed to steal your information.
- this is a Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure site (see the padlock before our name in the URL address bar as proof)
- we use Paypal for financial transactions to ensure that your information is secure
- we use the firewall and security by Jetpack from Pressable to protect our site
How You Can Protect Yourself
You can use your internet browser to automatically or manually delete cookies.
You can also specify that certain cookies may not be placed.
Another option is to change the settings of your internet browser so that you receive a message each time a cookie is placed.
(For more information about the above options, please refer to the instructions in the Help section of your browser.)
Here are some more ways you can restrict cookies on your end to protect your identity and your phone or computer:
- don’t fill out any survey on the internet unless you know for sure you can trust the company using it
- don’t use a social media profile when signing in to a website
- disable Flash on your computer
- use a Virtual Private Network (VPN), especially when using WiFi in public locations – more on this at How To Geek.
- use an ad-blocker extension on your browser (see a list of the best free ad blockers at Comparitech).
- if you wish to block Google Analytics you can opt-out
When you visit our website for the first time, we will show you a pop-up with an explanation about cookies. You do have the right to opt-out and to object against the further use of non-functional cookies.
If the settings on the software you use to view this website (your browser) are adjusted to accept cookies, we take this and your continued use of our website to mean that you are fine with this.
About Our Cookies
Technical or functional cookies
Some cookies ensure that certain parts of the website work properly and that your user preferences remain known. By placing functional cookies, we make it easier for you to visit our website. This way, you do not need to repeatedly enter the same information when visiting our website and, for example, the items remain in your shopping cart until you have paid. We may place these cookies without your consent.
- videos powered by YouTube
- Google Maps
- sign up form for our newsletter
- SPAM protection
- Woo Commerce and Digital Downloads for product sales
- Social Media buttons and widgets: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram
We use analytical cookies to optimize the website experience for our users. With these analytical cookies we get insights in the usage of our website.
Your Rights with Respect to Personal Data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- you may submit a request for access to the data we process about you;
- you may object to the processing;
- you may request an overview, in a commonly used format, of the data we process about you;
- you may request correction or deletion of the data if it is incorrect or not or no longer relevant, or to ask to restrict the processing of the data.
If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
Selling Data to Third Parties
We do not sell data to third parties. Nor will we ever in the future.
If you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.