This cornbread muffin recipe is from Chef George Duran, host of TLC’s “Ultimate Cake Off” and Food Network’s “Ham on the Street”.
Chef George Duran recommends to look for a cheese that won’t overpower other flavors; choose a mild, nutty cheese like Jarlsberg, best known for its classic wedge but also available sliced.
Corn Muffins or Cornbread Muffins
- ¾ c milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ c flour
- 1¼ c cornmeal
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp softened butter
- ½ c Jarlsberg Cheese, plus additional
- Heat oven to 375° F. Whisk together milk and eggs.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and butter. Add milk-egg mixture and stir. Spoon mixture into muffin cases.
- Cut cheese into cubes and press down into mixture. Bake in center of oven about 15 minutes.
- Serve corn muffins with additional cheese.
Recipe courtesy Jarlsberg
Want even more? See our new cornbread recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.