These cornbread muffins with Jarlsburg cheese are a luxurious side dish that goes with everything – savory or sweet.
Chef George Duran, host of TLC’s “Ultimate Cake Off” and Food Network’s “Ham on the Street,” says we need to look for a cheese that won’t overpower other flavors; choose a mild, nutty cheese like Jarlsberg, best known for its classic wedge but also available sliced.
The Jarlsberg cheese in these cornbread muffins make them the perfect accompaniment to soups, stews, and any dinner menu.
They are also wonderful on any buffet or appetizer table.
Cornbread Muffins with Jarlsberg Cheese
- ¾ c milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ c flour
- 1¼ c cornmeal
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp softened butter
- ½ c Jarlsberg Cheese, plus additional
Heat oven to 375° F. Whisk together milk and eggs.
In separate bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and butter. Add milk-egg mixture and stir. Spoon mixture into muffin cases.
Cut cheese into cubes and press down into mixture. Bake in center of oven about 15 minutes.
Serve corn muffins with additional cheese.
If possible, use stiff paper cups, so muffins stand up better. Cornbread can also be baked in large, round baking pan, about 20 centimeters in diameter; adjust baking time as needed until done.
Recipe and photos courtesy of Jarlsberg
Want more? See our other cornbread recipes.
Want to see our new recipes – and more?
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing