This is the dreamiest Chocolate Mint Pie recipe ever, so this recipe makes 2 pies to make sure you get a piece after all the leprechauns visit. Yes, you’ll need two.
Video, photos and recipe courtesy of Culinary.net
Make sure there’s an Andes Creme de Menthe Thins on every slice.
For the two pies you’ll need 2 bags of Andes Creme de Menthe Thins.
- 1 to crush for a topping
- 1 to decorate each slice of chocolate mint pie
They are available in most department stores, and of course Amazon.
Chocolate Mint Pie
Makes: 2 pies (9 inches each)
- 3 3/4 cups heavy whipped cream, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups, plus 2 tablespoons, powdered sugar, divided
- 5 drops green food coloring
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 bag mint chocolate candies, chopped, divided
- 2 chocolate cookie crusts (9 inches each)
- 1 bag mint chocolate candies
- To make filling: In bowl of stand mixer, whisk 2 1/2 cups heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Transfer to bowl.
- In separate stand mixer bowl, beat cream cheese on high 2 minutes. Gradually add 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar and green food coloring; mix until smooth. Add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and mint extract; mix well.
- Fold prepared whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Fold 1 cup chopped mint chocolate candies into filling.
- To make frosting: In bowl of stand mixer, whisk remaining heavy cream and remaining powdered sugar. Add remaining vanilla extract and mix until stiff peaks form.
- Pour filling into crusts and smooth tops.
- Fill decorating bag with frosting and pipe thick band around edges of pies. Then pipe circle dollops evenly around edges of pies.
- Scatter 1 cup chopped mint chocolate candies in middle of pies. Place whole mint chocolate candies into each dollop of frosting around edges of pies.
- Refrigerate until firm, 5-6 hours.
Want a copy of this recipe for your Celebrate Everything cookbook?
Download the PDF and print at home or a professional printers.
If you don’t have PDF software, you can use the free adobe reader.