Everyone loves the Easter peanut butter blossom cookie. It takes the classic blossom cookie up a notch with candy chocolate eggs!
Make these your signature Easter cookie.
Decorate these peanut butter blossom cookies your own unique way and make them your signature Easter cookie.
Use Hershey’s Easter Kisses, tiny chocolate bunnies, lambs or chicks, chocolate or candy-covered Easter eggs in the center.
As well as having the easter egg on top, you can add Easter sparkle by rolling cookies in these instead of granulated sugar:
- pastel colored sprinkles
- coarse sparkling sugar in Easter colors
- colored decorator’s sugar
- pearl sugar
- 1/2 c sugar + 1/4 c colored sugar for decorating, if using
- 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ c flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 24 Mini Easter Egg Candies
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cream sugars, shortening, egg and peanut butter until fluffy. (Will become a lighter color.)
- Blend flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl or sifter. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until blended.
- Scoop and roll into a small ball, then roll in sugar or sprinkles and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (The cookie will double in size while baking, so make ball about the size of the bottom of a Hershey Kiss, or around ½". A small cookie looks better – a chocolate in the center of a huge cookie just isn't the same. It doesn't look like a blossom.)
- Bake for 8 minutes or until edges barely browning. (If you cook them too long, they will be hard.)
- Unwrap Hershey chocolates or foil eggs while cookies are baking, if necessary.
- As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven, press an Easter Egg Candy into the center of each cookie. DO NOT press them right to the bottom, just enough for them to stay. Cookies may crack around the edges, that's fine.
- Let them set for a minute. Then lift onto rack to cool completely. (When lifting, make sure you have the cookie spatula under whole cookie. These are top heavy and will tumble off head-first if the spatula isn't firmly underneath.)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 196mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 8g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Want more? See all of our Easter goodie recipes.
Easter is the time for treats, so we have so many Easter goodies recipes for you. Easter cakes and cupcakes, Easter brunch ideas, and special themed cookies. Step by step instructions so it’s fun & easy.
Want more? See all of our peanut butter cookie recipes.
Whether you prefer soft & chewy, crunchy, buttery or old fashioned peanut butter cookies, we have the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe for you. Tips from the pros who know make these recipes a favorite. Special peanut butter cookies like blossom cookies and holiday cookie recipes. A peanut butter lover’s dream!
Like this? See our new Easter recipes & celebration ideas in our weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and get:
- upcoming daily holidays to prepare in advance with our tips & printables
- inspirational ideas to celebrate upcoming calendar holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and tips
- seasonal & party recipes