Easy Avocado Sauce Ready in 5 Minutes
This fast and easy avocado sauce is perfect for dipping, adding to spicy Mexican food like tacos, burritos and carnitas, as a sauce for beef & chicken, and even as a spread on your morning toast or as a salad dressing.
Is avocado sauce the same as guacamole or avocado salsa?
Avocado sauce, guacamole and avocado salsa have an avocado base, but all taste different because they contain different ingredients.
Avocado sauce is a mild, creamy sauce made from mashed avocados & seasonings.
Avocado salsa is thinner than sauce or guacamole & adds green tomatillos to the avocado base.
Guacamole adds cilantro, Roma tomatoes, onions, corn or Jalapeno to the avocado base.
What is avocado sauce made of?
Avocado sauce is very simple, made of mashed avocado, lime juice and seasonings to taste, such as salt, pepper and garlic.
What is avocado sauce used for?
- Avocado sauce can be used as a dip for your favorite foods such as nacho chips, carrot sticks and cheese.
- It is mild so it is added to spicy dishes to calm the fire and add a creamy texture. Try it in tacos, burritos and spicy burgers.
- Avocado sauce is also used as a sauce for beef, pork or chicken.
- Add a scoop to your green smoothie!
- It can also be used as a spread if thicker, like on your morning toast.
- Or used as a salad dressing if made thinner with avocado oil.
How do you make avocado sauce last longer & keep from browning?
Fresh avocado sauce is best, but if you have left overs here’s how to store it. (Do NOT feed leftovers to your pets.)
The pros who know, Avocados from Mexico suggest that you pat down your avocado sauce in the bowl to make it flat and level. Then pour water, avocado oil, lemon or lime juice on the top, deep enough to create a barrier from the air that makes it turn brown. Cover across the liquid with plastic wrap to form another barrier without air pockets, then seal up the sides. Refrigerate. When you’re ready to eat again, remove plastic wrap, pour off the liquid, stir and give a little taste test. It should stay green this way for another 1-2 days.
See all of our avocado dip & guacamole recipes.
Tell us what you think.
What do you use avocado sauce with?
Did you try this recipe? Rate the recipe and be sure to include a photo in the comments. We want to hear from you!