It’s not just the kids who love these fudgy turkey cupcakes – everyone will want one! (Good thing they’re so easy to make.)
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links (marked with an *). This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
The look of the cupcake wrapper is key to the Turkey Cupcake. Try to find one that looks like a turkey body. It can make or break the look! (Or just use a plain white ones.)
Orange & Brown Cupcake Wrappers
40 cupcake wrappers in 2 vibrant colors: 20 orange wrappers and 20 brown wrappers.
Value for Money: 3.3*
Our tip: Sometimes the cupcake wrapper gets discolored after baking. Put your cupcake (still in the wrapper) inside a new wrapper or a printable cupcake wrapper. Problem solved!
Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcake
- 1 pkg Betty Crocker SuperMoist Devil’s Food cake mix
- 1 pkg chocolate pudding mix
- 1 c sour cream
- ½ c water
- ¼ c cocoa
- ¼ c vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp McCormick Pure Vanilla or Almond Extract
- 2 containers Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy milk chocolate frosting
- 1 tube Betty Crocker white decorating icing 4.25 ounces
- 1 tube Betty Crocker brown decorating gel 0.68 ounces
- candy corn
- Chocolate candy sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, water, cocoa powder, oil, food color, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, scraping sides of bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
- Frost cupcakes with frosting. Place remaining frosting in corner of resealable freezer plastic bag. Snip off small corner of bag to use to decorate.
For turkey head
- Pipe 1-inch mound of frosting on 1 side of cupcake to look like head of turkey.
- Make eyes with white decorating icing and brown decorating gel; add candy corn for beak.
For turkey tail
- To make tail, pipe frosting on opposite side of cupcake from the head. This holds the candy corn. Place candy corn upright on frosting to look like feathers.
- Sprinkle chocolate candy sprinkles near head and at base of feathers.
- If desired, add candy corn at base of cupcake for feet.