These Breakfast Cups with eggs, cheese, mushrooms and bacon will win your family over and add a little WOW! to your morning.
- 12 strips uncooked bacon
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh white button mushrooms
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme or oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- While oven is preheating, cook bacon according to package directions until firm but pliable and not crispy. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon drippings in same skillet used to cook bacon and sauté mushrooms over medium heat for 6-10 minutes until golden brown in color. Set aside to cool.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Cut six strips of cooked bacon into quarters. Place one full strip of cooked bacon around the side and two quarters of a strip in the base of each of six muffin cups in a muffin tin. Use your fingers to press overlapping ends of bacon together.
- In large bowl, beat 4 eggs and whisk in mushrooms, chopped thyme and black pepper.
- Pour egg mixture in equal portions into muffin cups lined with bacon, about 2/3 full in each cup.
- Sprinkle equal portions of shredded cheese into the cups and top each with two quarter strips of bacon.
- Place filled muffin tin in oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until egg is completely set, cheese is melted and tops are browned.
- Remove muffin tin from oven, use knife to loosen edges, serve and enjoy!
Want more? See our exciting breakfast recipes for kids & adults.
Exciting breakfast recipe ideas for days when you want to have a leisurely brunch and reconnect with family and friends, for a traditional “start the weekend” extravaganza, for a quick-out-the-door morning and recipes especially for adults or kids.
Want more? See all of our recipes.
Want even more? See our new breakfast recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.