Love veggie burgers? Try these Falafel Burgers with cucumber sauce. Perfect for vegetarians and those who want to eat healthy.
A trendy way to rethink summer cooking, Falafel Burgers are a great way to add a plant-forward choice at your barbecue.
Falafel Burgers with Cucumber SauceCourse: Veggie Burger Recipes
- Cucumber Sauce:
2 medium cucumbers, peeled and coarsely grated
2 cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 small cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dried dill
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2-3 tablespoons water
- Falafel Patties:
2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
1 red onion, halved and sliced
1 cup loosely packed cilantro
6 cloves garlic, peeled
1 jalapeno, sliced
3/4 cup chickpea flour
4 teaspoons ground coriander
4 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 tablespoons grapeseed or vegetable oil
- To make cucumber sauce: Place grated cucumber in clean dish towel. Roll dish towel around cucumber and squeeze to remove excess liquid.
- In bowl, mix cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, oil, garlic, dill and salt. Stir in 2 tablespoons water, adding more as needed until mixture is smooth and creamy. Cover and chill.
- To make falafel patties: In food processor, cover and process chickpeas and sesame seeds until mixture is finely chopped. Transfer to bowl.
- In food processor, cover and process carrot, onion, cilantro, garlic and jalapeno until finely chopped. Add vegetable mixture to chickpea mixture. Add flour, coriander, cumin, salt and black pepper; mix well.
- Heat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape chickpea mixture into four patties. In skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook patties 3 minutes, or until golden brown on bottoms. Turn over and cook 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Transfer patties to baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes. Let patties cool 15 minutes. Place patties on buns and top with lettuce and tomato, if desired. Drizzle with cucumber sauce.
- We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Aramark
Want more? See all of our veggie burger recipes.
Like this? See our new recipes, party ideas & daily holidays.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter magazine.