Fast & easy cheesy beef skillet recipe for late-night dinner. Easy, breezy extra cheesy.
His simple, highly effective weight loss program allows readers to enjoy social dinners without restriction, satisfy nighttime hunger with fat-burning sweet and salty pre-bedtime snacks and indulge cravings with strategically timed cheat meals.
Joel Marion, CISSN, NSCA-CPT is a 6-time bestselling diet book & healthy recipes cookbook author who has been featured all over the media throughout his 18-year career, including in the pages of more than 20 popular national newsstand magazines such as Men’s Fitness, Woman’s Day, Oxygen, Clean Eating, MuscleMag International, and Muscle & Fitness Hers.
Joel is also the Co-Founder of BioTrust Nutrition, one of the fastest growing and largest eCommerce supplement companies in the United States, and the host of the top-ranked podcast, Born to Impact.
This recipe would also be great in stuffed peppers!
First, prepare the peppers:
- Cut 1/4″ of the top of bell peppers and remove the ribs and seeds from inside.
- Fill a baking dish large enough for the peppers. Add 1/2-inch of water.
- Place peppers open side down in the dish of water. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes in 400°F oven.
- While peppers are in oven, make the recipe below to stuff them.
Then bake the stuffed peppers:
- Turn peppers upright and fill, returning them to dish without water
- Turn oven down to 350°F. Cover dish of stuffed peppers with foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven for 10 minutes or until peppers are done.
- Serve immediately.
Fast & Easy Cheesy Beef SkilletCourse: Ground Beef, Joel Marion Recipes
- For rice:
1¾ c water
1 tsp sea salt
1 c white rice
- For sauce with beef & vegetables:
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb extra-lean ground beef
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
½ tsp crushed red pepper
½ sea salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
½ d tomato sauce
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
⅓ c fresh parsley, minced
- In saucepan over high heat, bring water to boil. Add salt and rice; stir once then cover pot and reduce to low heat 18 minutes.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil. Stir in ground beef. Cook and stir until beef is crumbly and no longer pink. Drain and discard excess grease. Mix in onion and garlic; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add bell pepper, oregano, basil, red pepper, sea salt and black pepper; cook and stir until bell pepper is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice, tomato sauce and kidney beans. Reduce heat and cover until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Remove pan from heat, sprinkle cheese over top and garnish with parsley.
- We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe courtesy of “Always Eat After 7 PM” via Family Features
Want to see more of Joel Marion’s recipes?
Want to see our new weight loss recipes?
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing