You want to make a hearty, filling soup for your family but you don’t want to be in the kitchen any longer than necessary. This Tomato Tortellini Soup is exactly what you’re wanting.
We like things fast & easy for a short but sweet time in the kitchen. Not everything has to be from scratch to be satisfying or something you’re proud to serve to your family.
This tomato tortellini soup is fantastic, but it uses shortcuts that only you will notice.
Tomato Tortellini Soup
Hearty soup for winter weather.
- 28 oz chicken broth
- 9 oz tortellini
- 8 oz cream cheese with chive and onion
- 1 can tomato soup
In a medium sauce pan bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini then reduce heat to simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
In a bowl whisk 1/3 cup of hot broth into the cream cheese spread. Whisk until smooth. Pour contents into sauce pan.
Stir in tomato soup and heat through.
Serve with fresh chives, if desired.
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Want more? See our other soup recipes.
Want to see our new soup recipes – and more?
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing