Fire and Ice Salsa recipe with jalapeno peppers for the fire and watermelon for the ice. See how to carve the watermelon into a cactus bowl!
This recipe goes with our Summer Watermelon Fiesta party. The leftover watermelon from carving the cactus bowl makes 3 cups of Fire & Ice Salsa.
See how to carve the cactus bowl from a watermelon.Print
Fire & Ice Salsa Recipe
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
This sweet & spicy fire and ice salsa goes with our summer watermelon fiesta party.
- 3 cups seeded and finely chopped watermelon
- 1/2 cup finely diced green peppers
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced green onion
- 1–2 tablespoons finely diced jalapeno peppers
- Combine ingredients; mix well and cover.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Category: Dip
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 60
Recipe and video courtesy of National Watermelon Promotion Board
It’s your turn!
Do you like the idea of fire & ice salsa?
If you tried it, show us a photo!