If you’re on the Atkins Diet or a keto diet, these flourless Peanut Butter Cookies with chocolate chips are an approved snack. Bon appétit.
This recipe is in the Atkins 100 Eating Solution book.
The latest science continues to support the many health benefits of a low-carb approach to eating, far beyond just weight loss. Simply reducing your carb and sugar intake by two-thirds over the “Standard American Diet” helps avoid the development of obesity, metabolic syndrome, and type 2 diabetes.
While many diet trends can be vague in their approach, The Atkins 100 Eating Solution’s fan-favorite program provides a clear-cut way to control your carb intake with 100 grams of net carbs a day and shows you how to make delicious and satisfying food choices that lessen their impact on your blood sugar. This personalized approach is a way of eating you can follow for life.
- 1 cup sugar-free smooth or creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons stevia extract powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar-free semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Set oven racks in upper- and lower-third positions. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, use handheld electric mixer on medium speed to beat peanut butter, stevia, baking soda and salt, scraping down sides if needed, until well combined, about 1 minute. Reduce speed to low, add egg and vanilla extract; beat until combined.
- Shape dough into 24 balls (about 1 tablespoon each) and place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Using tines of fork, carefully flatten each ball, creating crisscross pattern.
- Bake, rotating cookie sheets from top to bottom and back to front halfway through, until edges begin to brown and cookies are set, 7-9 minutes. Cookies should not be browned. Let cool 10 minutes on cookie sheets then carefully transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips and microwave on high in 20-second increments, stirring after each, until melted, about 1 minute.
- Dip dry fork into chocolate then drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 68Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 14gNet Carbohydrates: 1.5 grgFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe and photos courtesy of Atkins.
Want more? See all of our Atkins Diet recipes.
Want more? See all of our peanut butter cookie recipes.
Whether you prefer soft & chewy, crunchy, buttery or old fashioned peanut butter cookies, we have the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe for you. Tips from the pros who know make these recipes a favorite. Special peanut butter cookies like blossom cookies and holiday cookie recipes. A peanut butter lover’s dream!
Like this? See our new recipes in the weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
Prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables. Be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas.