These French Toast & Sausage Rollups are great on the breakfast buffet menu, for a weekend breakfast or as a grab-and-go breakfast rushing out the door on a week day.
However you serve them, make sure you have a little bowl of maple syrup on the side for dipping!
They are also a perfect grab-and-go breakfast when rushing out the door, so make some ahead.
- 12 Smithfield Fresh Sausage Links
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons almond liquor (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 slices whole-wheat bread, crust removed and cut in half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Cook sausage according to package directions; keep warm.
- Beat together eggs, milk, almond liquor and cinnamon. Dip one bread slice half in egg mixture and wrap around one sausage link. Press bread edges together where they overlap to keep from unrolling. Repeat with remaining bread and sausage links.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat; add butter and let melt. Place French toast-wrapped sausages in skillet, seam-side down. Cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes total.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 313mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe and photo from Smithfield Foods
Like this? See all of our breakfast buffet recipes.
For a breakfast buffet guests prefer two-bite selections so they can sample several different breakfast foods. See our breakfast appetizer recipes with a variety of flavors so everyone will have something they adore in every food group.
Like this? See our new recipes in the weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
Prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables. Be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas.