Looking for hearty comfort food? This Gnocchi with Mushroom Bolognese is fast and easy comfort food for the whole family.
Gnocchi with Mushroom Bolognese
Pasta as comfort food at its finest.
- 1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 lbs button, cremini or portobello mushrooms
- 24 oz jar FarmToFork Marinara Sauce (or favorite tomato sauce)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 lb refrigerated or frozen gnocchi
- ½ c pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- ¼ c Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
In food processor, pulse onions, carrots, celery and garlic until finely chopped. In large pot over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add chopped vegetables, salt and pepper. Cook 10 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
In food processor, pulse mushrooms until coarsely chopped. Add to large pot with vegetables. Cook 10-12 minutes, or until most liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Stir in marinara sauce and butter.
Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain. Add to sauce mixture; mix gently. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe and photos courtesy of Farm to Fork Delivery.
Want more? See our other pasta recipes.
Want to see our new pasta recipes – and more?
- Are you the one with the big ideas? “Let’s do this” or “Let’s go there”.
- Are you the instigator that everyone follows to the next fun thing?
- Are you the creative type who adds flair to everything you do?
- Do you believe in celebrating life?
You sound like a Merrymaker!
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing