Got room to add new and exciting flavors to your tried-and-true side dishes? Try our greens with olive butter and discover your new favorite side dish.
Green Beans with Olive Butter Sauce
- ¼ c unsalted butter, softened (½ stick)
- 20 California Black Ripe Olives, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 qt plus 1/4 cup, water, divided
- 1 Tbsp salt, plus additional, to taste
- 2 lb pounds green beans, trimmed
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In food processor, pulse butter, olives, shallots and garlic; set aside.
- In large saucepan or stockpot, bring 4 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to boil.
- Add green beans and boil until tender-crisp, but still bright green, about 3-5 minutes. Work in batches, if necessary. Drain well and immediately plunge into bowl of ice water to stop cooking. In large skillet, add remaining water over medium heat. Add blanched beans and toss until heated through.
- Toss beans with olive butter to coat. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving platter.
Want more? See all of our side dish recipes.
Want some ideas to serve as side dishes to your roast, steak, pork chops or turkey? See our side dish recipes! Easy step by step instructions.
Want even more? See our new side dish recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.