First, How to Make the Green Fortune Cookies
- 2 Egg whites
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sifted flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp green food coloring
- All fortunes to be used in cookies should be prepared before making cookies.
- Preheat oven at 300 degrees F.
- Put egg white, vanilla and oil in a bowl & beat until frothy but not firm
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix until there’s no lumps.
- Add food coloring to water, then pour into batter. Consistency should be like pancake batter.
- Oil a baking sheet and spoon 3 circles of batter, each about 3″ in diameter. (If you make too many at once the cookie can cool before you’re able to shape them with a fortune inside.)
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until edges brown.
- Take cookie off pan BEFORE IT COOLS.
- Place the prepared fortune in the center of the cookie
- Fold cookie so longest edges touch; pinch together.
- Fold end to end to create the fortune cookie shape.
- Write a “truth or dare” statement or question. Need ideas? There’s an interesting list for an adult party with mixed company on Angelfire.
- If there are an equal number of guys and gals in the crowd, you can put the guy’s names in the cookie and the gals pick one to see who their team member will be for the events you have planned, a special dance, or a certain project.
- Give them an instruction to follow to begin a game or a treasure hunt
How to Fold Fortune Cookies
What Fortunes to Put in the Fortune Cookies
If you want a regular quote that you’d find inside a fortune cookie, visit the Fortune Cookie Message Archive for a list.
If you want to use the fortune cookie as part of a game, you can:
What creative way do you use fortune cookies?
Did you find this information helpful?
We offer a free service that emails our new articles directly to your inbox so you won’t miss a thing.