Want to put more greens in your diet – or your children’s diet? These Green Slimesicles are the fun way to do it! Sweetened with pineapple and bananas, you can’t even taste the spinach. But they’re still a healthy popsicle.
- 2 cups (about 1/2 package) packed DOLE® Spinach
- 1 1/2 Dole Bananas
- 1 cup chopped Dole Pineapple
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In blender, puree spinach, bananas, pineapple, water and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour into six ice pop molds 1/3 cup each. Freeze 4-6 hours, or until firm.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Dole
Interested in healthy popsicles? Try this cookbook.
With 75 healthy popsicle recipes, this popsicle-pedia is all you need to survive the summer!
- Almond maple
- Blackberry basil
- Caramel macchiato
- Darling lemon thyme
- Honey mint
- Margarita madness
- Pink power beet
- Spiced mango paletas
For the Love of Popsicles is written by Sarah Bond, creator of the popular vegetarian food blog Live Eat Learn. She uses her degrees in both nutrition and sensory science to inspire healthy popsicle recipes that don’t compromise on flavor. Other recipes are high in sugar, or use “shortcuts” like store bought ice cream, but these popsicle recipes use natural ingredients with uncomplicated preparations.