Fire up the grill and enjoy seared seafood with fresh, homemade pico de gallo and guacamole for a light summertime bite in these Grilled Shrimp Tostadas.
Ready in just 30 minutes, this delicious recipe features juicy, marinated grilled shrimp, refried beans, fresh pico de gallo, and homemade guacamole.
How to grill shrimp.
- Buy jumbo or colossal sized shrimp for easier grilling. (Omaha Steaks have huge Wild Argentinian Red Shrimp.)
- Remove the shell except the tail of the shrimp. This allows the marinade to penetrate the meat. Devein the shrimp by cutting down the back of the peeled shrimp with a small, sharp knife and pulling it out while washing the shrimp under cold water. (The vein is noticeable in large shrimp.)
- Marinate the shrimp for at least 15 minutes (up to 2 hours) in avocado oil, chili powder, cumin, and salt for that pop of flavor.
- Thread your shrimp on a skewer for easy grilling.
- Preheat your grill to 350-450°F. Grill the shrimp over direct, medium heat for 5-7 minutes, turning the shrimp halfway.
The outside of the shrimp should be pink and the meat inside white and opaque. Don’t overcook them or they will be rubbery.
Grilled Shrimp Tostadas
- 12 ounces Omaha Steaks Wild Argentinian Red Shrimp, thawed
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned refried pinto beans or refried black beans
- 4 tostada flats
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup
- 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cotija cheese
- 4 cilantro sprigs
- 4 lime wedges
- In bowl, combine shrimp, olive oil, chili powder, cumin and salt. Marinate in refrigerator at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Clean and season grill grates. Grill shrimp 2-3 minutes per side until lightly charred and opaque.
- Heat refried beans and spread 2 tablespoons beans on each tostada flat.
- Spread shredded romaine lettuce on top of beans followed by guacamole and remaining pico de gallo.
- Top each tostada with 3-4 grilled shrimp and sprinkle with Cotija cheese. Garnish each tostada with one cilantro sprig and one lime wedge.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Omaha Steaks Executive Chef David Rose
Grilling tips from Weber.com