The summer brings family and friends to visit, and today many prefer a vegan diet. Here is an easy option for your backyard cookout to accommodate everyone who gathers. And offers a Hawaiian veggie burger that everyone will enjoy.
Made with simple, recognizable ingredients, Lightlife products offer vegan, non-GMO options that are made for the grill, like these Plant-Based Veggie Burgers. These products can help satisfy the craving for protein and are made with ingredients you can feel good about serving your friends and family.
Here are some tips from Tommy McDonald, executive chef at Greenleaf Foods:
Be mindful of cook times. Plant-based protein products typically taste best when cooked over a low, open flame. When you’re almost ready to dish the Grilled Pineapple Burgers with Honey Garlic Barbecue Sauce out, give them a quick sear. If you’re unsure, reference the recommended cook times on the packaging.
Keep it separate. During these seasonal celebrations, there’s often some people who want traditional meat and others who crave plant-based options. To satisfy your group, drop a cast-iron skillet on the grill and allow it to heat up. Put your favorite plant-based proteins in the skillet, along with veggies, to keep the grill organized.
Want more? See all our veggie burger recipes.
Want more? See our new recipes, party ideas & daily holiday celebrations.
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing