While eating healthy and enjoying sweets seldom go hand-in-hand, choosing the right combination of nutritious ingredients can allow for guilt-free indulgences like this Cherry Garcia Ice Cream.
Joel Marion’s simple, highly effective weight loss program allows readers to enjoy social dinners without restriction, satisfy nighttime hunger with fat-burning sweet and salty pre-bedtime snacks and indulge cravings with strategically timed cheat meals.
This healthy Cherry Garcia Ice Cream recipe is a part of his diet program.Jump to Recipe
Conventional wisdom dictates that it’s best to avoid carbs, eat an early dinner and never eat immediately before bed.
Joel Marion, Sports Nutritionist, five-time best-selling e-book author and co-founder of the e-commerce supplement company BioTrust Nutrition debunks the myths underlying traditional dieting.
Marion believes strategically eating during the evening hours can actually be an effective weight loss strategy.
His book, Always Eat After 7 PM, outlines an easy-to-follow diet that accelerates fat-burning and allows you to indulge your most intense cravings by eating the majority of your calories at night.
Learn more about the diet and book at JoelMarion.com.
Cherry Garcia Ice Cream
- ¼ c cup fresh Bing cherries, pitted and halved
- ¼ c stevia-sweetened dark chocolate bar, chopped
- 3 overripe frozen bananas, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ c unsweetened coconut milk
- pinch sea salt
- Chill halved cherries and dark chocolate pieces.
- In food processor, pulse frozen bananas, milk and salt until smooth, creamy consistency of soft serve is achieved. Stir in cherries and chocolate. Serve immediately or place in freezer-safe container and freeze until serving.
Recipe courtesy of “Always Eat After 7 PM” via Family Features
Want more? See all of Joel Marion’s recipes.
We have more recipes from his book, Always Eat After 7 PM for you to try.
Want more? See all of our ice cream dessert recipes.
We show you how to make baked alaska, rocky road ice cream cake, peanut butter ice cream parfaits, and much more. Step by step instructions make it easy to do, but these ice cream desserts sure wow the crowd!
Want even more? See our new recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.