While eating healthy and enjoying sweets seldom go hand-in-hand, choosing the right combination of nutritious ingredients can allow for guilt-free indulgences like this Cherry Garcia Ice Cream.
Joel Marion’s simple, highly effective weight loss program allows readers to enjoy social dinners without restriction, satisfy nighttime hunger with fat-burning sweet and salty pre-bedtime snacks and indulge cravings with strategically timed cheat meals.
This healthy Cherry Garcia Ice Cream recipe is a part of his diet program.
Joel Marion, CISSN, NSCA-CPT is a 6-time bestselling diet book & healthy recipes cookbook author who has been featured all over the media throughout his 18-year career, including in the pages of more than 20 popular national newsstand magazines such as Men’s Fitness, Woman’s Day, Oxygen, Clean Eating, MuscleMag International, and Muscle & Fitness Hers.
Joel is also the Co-Founder of BioTrust Nutrition, one of the fastest growing and largest eCommerce supplement companies in the United States, and the host of the top-ranked podcast, Born to Impact.
Cherry Garcia Ice CreamCourse: Cherries, Homemade Ice Cream, Joel Marion RecipesCuisine: American
¼ c cup fresh Bing cherries, pitted and halved
¼ c stevia-sweetened dark chocolate bar, chopped
3 overripe frozen bananas, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
¼ c unsweetened coconut milk
pinch sea salt
- Chill halved cherries and dark chocolate pieces.
- In food processor, pulse frozen bananas, milk and salt until smooth, creamy consistency of soft serve is achieved. Stir in cherries and chocolate. Serve immediately or place in freezer-safe container and freeze until serving.
- We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe courtesy of “Always Eat After 7 PM” via Family Features
Want to see more of Joel Marion’s recipes?
Want to see our new weight loss recipes?
- Pinterest – hundreds of vision boards with party themes & recipes
- Facebook – hear about the bizarre holiday or “national day” today, our newest article, guides & party printables
- Twitter – get in on the conversation
Sign up for our weekly Merrymaker Magazine
- Know the upcoming week’s daily holidays with celebration ideas so you can prepare ahead of time
- Get party planning guides & see party printables for this month’s calendar holidays and new party themes
- Be first to try out our newest recipes
- See the list of last week’s articles so you won’t miss a thing