This hearty roasted winter vegetables side dish has enough to go around for everyone at your holiday gathering. Plus, it’s an original dish to take to a holiday potluck dinner.
Hearty Roasted Winter Vegetables
- 1 jar Aunt Nellie’s Whole Pickled Beets, drained
- 1 small red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 2 c baby portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stems trimmed
- 2 c butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 2 c Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and scored with cross-cut
- Heat oven to 400° F. Place beets, onion, mushrooms and squash on rimmed 15 1/2-by-10 1/2-by-1-inch baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil. Add garlic, rosemary, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Roast 15 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts, stir and continue to roast until vegetables are tender and browned, about 30-35 minutes, stirring once. Adjust salt and pepper, to taste, if desired.
Recipe and photo courtesy Seneca Foods
Want more? See all of our side dish recipes.
Want some ideas to serve as side dishes to your roast, steak, pork chops or turkey? See our side dish recipes! Easy step by step instructions.
Want more? See all of our mushroom recipes.
Love the umami flavor in mushrooms? You’ll love these mushroom recipes then! We even have blenditarian mushroom/ground meat recipes for you.
Want more? See all of our beet recipes.
Beets are healthy and add a wonderful flavor, texture and color to appetizer and side dish recipes.
Want even more? See our new beet recipes.
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.